At AVRS Consultancy Ltd [trading as Alice Vessey, Insight Deli], hereafter referred to as Insight Deli, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy explains how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have over your personal information when using our website www.insightdeli.com and when working with us.
We take our duty to process your personal information very seriously.
We may change this document from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we do with your information. Please check back frequently; you will be able to see if changes have been made by the date it was last updated at the end of the document.
Refer to the sections below for more details on how and why we use your personal information:
When you are browsing our website we have some essential cookies in use, this makes the website work and ensures the security of the website. You can disable these cookies, but it will significantly affect the way the website works for you.
When you become a participant for a project
When you become a participant for a market research project, we will gather contact details and basic information from you, to ensure that you can proceed with the research. We may also ask you for payment details so we can pay you for taking part. At the beginning of each research project, you will be provided with details about how your information will be collected, stored and shared. The information collected as part of the research project is anonymised wherever possible. If you have any questions, you can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you become a client
When you become a client, we will need certain information to be able to work with you effectively. This will include contact and billing information as well as business information to understand your market research needs.
When you make an enquiry via email, the information in the email will only be used to respond to your request or question. We try to respond to email queries as promptly as possible, but it can take up to 48 hours to respond to email queries especially at busy times, so please be patient with us.
Insight Deli is what’s known as the ‘data controller’ of the personal information you provide to us. Your relationship with us determines how much information we collect from you. We will only ever collect the information needed to work with you.
We will be very clear with you about the reason for collecting information and how we intend to use, share and store that information at the point we collect it.
We collect personal information about you through a variety of different methods including when you:
- Ask for more information
- Send us correspondence via email
- Become a client
- Participate in a market research project
- Give us feedback
The Insight Deli website is not intended for anyone under 16. If you are under 16, please ensure you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent before sending any personal information to us.
Occasionally we undertake market research with young people. Prior to agreeing to work with them parental consent will be obtained. We have safeguards in place to protect young people which will be detailed at the time of the research.
Wherever possible, all the personal information we process is processed within the UK or European Economic Area (EEA). Some of our third-party service providers are based outside the UK or EEA so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer outside the UK or EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the UK or EEA, we do our best to make sure a similar degree of security of personal information by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission or Information Commissioner’s Office; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the Information Commissioner’s Office which give personal information the same level of protection.
Other than in the following circumstances, we do not share your information with any other organisations or individuals unless we are obliged to by law, for purposes of national security, taxation or criminal investigations:
- If you have agreed that we may do so.
- If we sell the business – the new owner may obtain subscriber and past client and participant information. This information would only be used for the same purposes for which it was originally obtained.
- If we run an event in partnership with other named organisations, your details may need to be shared. We will be very clear what will happen to your personal information when you register.
And we will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each reason that we use it. For example, when you become a client, we will retain financial information for up to seven years for accounting purposes. We have in place a Retention and Destruction Policy setting out the timescales for different types of records. During the retention period we ensure the security and integrity of the information.
Insight Deli have put in place security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We ensure that only those employees and partners, who need access to your personal information as part of their business role, are given access. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and our contracts ensure that the information is kept confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we need to.
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights about how the personal information you provide can be used. These are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed).
- The ability to request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access).
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification).
- Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing).
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be forgotten).
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object).
- Obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes (right to data portability).
- Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, then you can email us at email@example.com. If you would like to know more about your rights under data protection law, you can find out more at the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
If you wish to complain about the way we have handled your personal information please contact us. If you are not happy with our response you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Insight Deli is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller. Our registration number is ZA717623
Alice Vessey, Insight Deli is a trading name of AVRS Consultancy Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. Registered company number: 07430497 whose registered office is Denham Hill Farm, Quainton, Aylesbury, United Kingdom, HP22 4FP.
Last updated: April 2022